Reading logs have been given to the students. Please make sure they read for 30 minutes in addition to their homework, and log the minutes read by completing the activity on the paper. Thank you.
UNIT 1, LESSON 1: "HENRY MUDGE"
1. Straight: Not curling, curving, or bending.
2. Collars: Bands that animals wear around their necks.
3. Row: A number of things arranged or put in a line.
4. Floppy: Hanging or moving in a loose or droopy way.
5. Stood: Was in an upright position on one’s feet.
6. Drooled: Let saliva drip from the mouth.
7. Curly: Having a twisted, ring, or spiral shape.
8. Weighed: Had a certain heaviness.
9. Almost: Not complete, not 100 percent.
10. Licked: Using a tongue to wet something.
11. Children: Little kids
12. Searched: Looked for
Spelling test for 10 of these words will be on 9-14-18
Unit 1, Lesson 2: "My Family"
1. guitar: a musical instrument with strings
2. cousin: the son or daughter of an aunt and uncle
3. piano: a musical instrument with white keys
4. remembered: did not forget
5. porch: an outside place that leads to a door (with a roof)
6. crown: something special worn on the head
7. together: with another person
8.Spanish: a language spoken mainly in Spain and Mexico
9. hopscotch: a game in which you jump in boxes
10. clarinet: a musical instrument played from the mouth
11. backyard: an open area behind the house
12. dominoes: a game in which you match dots
Spelling test for 10 of these words will be on 9-24-18
Unit 1, Lesson 3: "Dogs"
Spelling Test for 10 of these words will be on 9-28-18
1. coyote: an animal that looks like a dog
2. mammals: Animals that give birth to live babies
3. fetch: run and grab
4. bicycle: it has 2 wheels and you ride it
5. canned: Food stored (saved) in a can
6. babies: little kids or animals
7. clipped: Attached, stuck to something.
8. animal: a living thing that is not a person
9. special: Very good, very important
10. exercise: Physical activity
11. sugar: white, sweet powder you put in a drink
12. nametag: a metal thing that has your name on it
Unit 1, Lesson 4: "Diary of a Spider"
Spelling Test for 10 of these words will be on 10-5-18
1. screaming: yelling or crying
2. judge: think about someone in a way
3. dangerous: not safe or harmful
4. seesaw: a slide on which 2 people sit to ride
5. fountain: a place where you can drink water
6. rotten: dead and not good to eat/bad
7. butterflies: caterpillars that turn into flies
8. spiderweb: a web made by a spider
9. barbecue: a type of food made on grill with sauce
10. vacuums: a machine that cleans carpets
11. enough: more than needed
12. molted: shed or get rid of old skin
Unit 1, Lesson 5: "Teacher's Pets"
1. wonderful: great
2. sprinkled: spread or shook small amount of something
3. noticed: saw
4. suddenly: very quickly
5. bursting: full of
6. quiet: calm; not noisy
7. share: give to others too
8. neighbors: people who live or sit next to you
9. tarantula: a large hairy spider
10. somersault: complete turn on the head, landing on feet
11. noises: sounds
12. slippers: shoes you wear at home
Spelling Test for 10 of these words will be : 10-12-18
Unit 2, Lesson 6: "Animals Building Homes"
1. beaver: a dark brown animal that lives on land and water
2. winding: not straight; curvy
3. deepest: most hidden or inside parts
4. branches: limbs (arms) of trees
5. lodge: a small home
6. predator: an animal that preys (attacks) other animals
7. saliva: water in a human or animal’s mouth
8. offspring: somebody’s child
9. hummingbird: a bird whose nest looks like a cup
10. survive: to stay alive and safe
11. building: making something
12. burrows: holes in the ground that animals dig
Spelling Test for 10 of these words --> 10-15-18
Unit 1, Lesson 7: "The Ugly Vegetables"
1. shovels: garden tools used for digging and lifting dirt and soil
2. blooming: having flowers; showing flowers everywhere
3. scent: a smell
4. nodded: moved the head up and down when agreed to something
5. wrinkled: folded up in a messy way; crumpled
6. vegetables: food that grows in the ground. We cook and eat it
7. muscles: parts of the body used to help you move and do things
8. tough: hard, thick on the outside
9. wriggle: twist and turn
10. sprinkling: drops of water spreading everywhere
11. wheelbarrow: a small cart with one wheel and two handles
12. digging: making a whole in the ground for flowers and vegetables
Spelling Test for 10 of these words --> 10-26-18
Unit 1, Lesson 8: "Super Storms"
1. pounding: crashing with force
2. deadliest: causing to die
3. thunderstorm: a storm with lightning, thunder, and heavy rain.
4. damage: harm
5. prevent: stop from happening
6. beware: be careful
7. hailstones: balls of ice falling from the sky
8. blizzard: a bad snowstorm with high winds
9. violent: harmful; strong
10. lightning: flash of light in the sky during a thunderstorm
11. television: T.V.
12. hundreds: many
Spelling Test for 10 of these words --> 11-2-18
Unit 1, Lesson 9: ""
Spelling Test for 10 of these words will be on 11-2-18
Unit 1, Lesson 10: ""
Spelling Test for 10 of these words will be on 11-9-18