Reading logs have been given to the students. Please make sure they read for 30 minutes in addition to their homework, and log the minutes read by completing the activity on the paper. Thank you.
VOCAB/ SPELLING WORDS FOR LESSON 1, UNIT 1
"HENRY AND MUDGE"
1. Straight: Not curling, curving, or bending.
2. Collars: Bands that animals wear around their necks.
3. Row: A number of things arranged or put in a line.
4. Floppy: Hanging or moving in a loose or droopy way.
5. Stood: Was in an upright position on one’s feet.
6. Drooled: Let saliva drip from the mouth.
7. Curly: Having a twisted, ring, or spiral shape.
8. Weighed: Had a certain heaviness.
9. Almost: Not complete, not 100 percent.
10. Licked: Using a tongue to wet something.
VOCAB/SPELLING WORDS FOR LESSON 3, UNIT 1
1. Hairy: Covered with hair.
2. Mammals: Animals that give birth to live babies.
3. Litter: A group of baby animals born at the same time.
4. Stayed: Remained in a place.
5. Canned: Stored in a can.
6. Chews: Tip and crush with teeth.
7. Clipped: Attached.
8. Coat: A covering of fur.
9. Special: Very good, very important.
10. Exercise: Physical activity
VOCAB/SPELLING WORDS FOR LESSON 5, UNIT 1
1. Noises: sounds
2. Wonderful: great
3. Sprinkled: scattered (spread) or shook small amount of something
4. Noticed: was aware of; saw
5. Suddenly: quickly
6. Bursting: full of
7. Quiet: calm, not noisy
8. Share: divide up
9. Neighbors: people next to you in a class or town
10. Tarantula: a large hairy spider
11. Somersault: a complete turn on the head, landing on the feet
VOCAB/ SPELLING WORDS FOR LESSON 2, UNIT 1
1. Spend: To give your time to do something.
2. Stuck: Not able to move.
3. Visit: Go to see someone.
4. Cousin: The son or daughter of an aunt and uncle.
5. Piano: A musical instrument with lots of keys.
6. Remembered: Not forgotten.
7. Porch: An outside place with a roof that leads to the door
8. Crown: Something special worn on the head.
9. Grown-ups: Adults
10. Clarinet: A musical instrument
VOCAB/SPELLING WORDS FOR LESSON 4, UNIT 1
"DIARY OF A SPIDER"
1. Screaming: Yelling or crying
2. Judge: Think about someone in a way
3. Dangerous: Unsafe or harmful
4. Breeze: A light wind
5. Insects: Bugs
6. Rotten: Dead and not good to eat
7. Scare: To make someone afraid
8. Sticky: Thick, glue-like.
9. Barbecue: A type of food made on grill with sauce
10. Vacuums: A machine that cleans carpets
11. Enough: More than needed
VOCAB/SPELLING WORDS FOR LESSON 6, UNIT 2
"Animals Building Homes"
1. pond: a small body of water
2. winding: not straight, curvy
3. deepest: the most hidden or inside parts
4. beaks: birds’ mouths
5. branches: limbs of trees
6. break: to cut or snap off
7. shaped: in the same form of
8. hang: attach something from up high so it drops down
9. lodge: a small home
10. predator: an animal that preys (attacks) other animals
11. saliva: water in a person or animal’s mouth
VOCAB/SPELLING WORDS FOR LESSON 7, UNIT 2
"The Ugly Vegetables"
1. shovels: garden tools used for digging and lifting dirt and soil
2. blooming: having flowers; showing flowers everywhere
3. scent: a smell
4. nodded: moved the head up and down when agreed to something
5. wrinkled: folded up in a messy way; crumpled
6. plain: simple, not fancy
7. muscles: parts of the body used to help you move and do things
8. tough: hard, thick on the outside
9. wriggle: twist and turn
10. sprinkling: drops of water spreading everywhere
11. wheelbarrow: a small cart with one wheel and two handles
VOCAB/SPELLING WORDS FOR LESSON 8, UNIT 2
1. pounding: crashing with force
2. deadliest: causing to die
3. thunderstorm: a storm with lightning, thunder, and heavy rain.
4. damage: harm
5. prevent: stop from happening
6. beware: be careful
7. hailstones: balls of ice falling from the sky
8. blizzard: a bad snowstorm with high winds
9. violent: harmful; strong
10. lightning: flash of light in the sky during a thunderstorm
11. television: T.V.